What is NBIS and why?
NBIS, or Network Building Information System, is an integrated BEMS/SCADA and building automation solution developed by Network Corporation, Japan. Network Corporation, with its 20 years of experience in the automations industry, recognized the need for building owners to know and understand the actual energy consumption of their buildings, in order to optimize and eliminate energy waste. Although building owners are fond of the concept of reducing energy and operational costs limited budgets previously did not allow for a BEMS upgrade or a building automation system at all, particularly in the small to medium size building market.
- No Licensing, All-In-One Package
- When a building owner uses NBIS, they have access to the full functionalities of the system. No additional licensing options are needed. NBIS has no hidden software licensing costs unlike most controls companies.
- Complete Building Management Solution
- NBIS BEMS/SCADA features Energy Management System, Scheduling, Trend Reports, Alarm Notifications and an Energy Profiler. The NBIS offering also includes a best-of-breed selection of other products such as wired and wireless DDCs, Network Controllers and Digital Power Meters.
- Visualize, Analyze and Optimize Energy Usage
- NBIS provides energy management tools built into the system. Building managers can monitor and quickly visualize their energy usage and making corrective actions.
- Key Automation Protocols Supported
- Supports LONWorks®, BacNet®, Modbus®, OPC®, various PLC drivers
- Modular Design Strategy Using Design Templates
- Using this method NBIS is very quickly deployable and project setup is made simple, resulting in lower man-hours and ultimately lower costs.
- Pre-designed and Uniform GUI
- The HMI interface is quickly built using a library of pre-designed objects. The point tags are automatically referenced when they are created.
- Full Web Access by Web Browser or Smart Phones
- The NBIS system is fully web based and does not require client software. It can be accessed from anywhere using any stationary or mobile device that is equipped with a web browser.
- Proven Scalability
- NBIS is Scalable from small retail stores to large office towers.